LOYAL COLONIES PRESS
RECENTLY PUBLISHED BIBLIOGRAPHICAL FOR CANADIAN LITERATURE STUDIES
- E. PAULINE JOHNSON: A BIBLIOGRAPHY
- Johnson, an aboriginal poet, was a popular figure during her relatively brief life (1862-1913) and still attracts attention as a writer. Her principal publications have been frequently reprinted in various bindings.
ISBN 0-920832-20-2 206 p. Price: $ 50.00 pbl 2006
- CHARLES G.D. ROBERTS: A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE FICTION, VOLUME THREE (Titles J -P)
- Although generally remembered as a poet, Roberts (1860-1943) achieved a major international reputation as a writer of animal stories and of historical romance. Third volume in the Roberts Bibliography.
ISBN 0-920832-21-0 265 p. Price: $ 50.00 pbl 2006
- CHARLES G.D. ROBERTS: A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE FICTION, VOLUME TWO (Titles H - I)
- Second volume in the Roberts Bibliography.
ISBN 0-920832-19-9 216 p. Price: $50.00 pbl 2005
- ARTHUR STRINGER: A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE FICTION
- Stringer (1874-1950), an Ontario writer, was widely read for his adventure stories and was a script writer in the early days of American film.
ISBN 0-920832-18-0 229 p. Price: $50.00 pbl 2005
EARLIER PUBLICATIONS IN THE BIBLIOFILES SERIES:
- NO. 1: H.A. CODY: A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE FICTION (REVISED).
- Cody (1872-1948), a New Brunswick writer, became an international bestseller of historical and adventure novels.
ISBN 0-920832-14-8 180 p. Price: $35.00 pbl 2002; 2004
- NO. 2: BASIL KING: A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE FICTION (REVISED).
- King (1859-1928), from PEI, achieved international recognition as a writer and film maker in the early 20th Century.
ISBN 0-920832-15-6 152 p. Price: $30.00 pbl 2002; 2004
- NO. 3: W.A. FRASER: A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE FICTION.
- Fraser (1859-1933), an Ontario writer, was widely read for his stories of thoroughbred horse-racing and adventure tales.
ISBN 0-920832-16-4 92 p. Price: $25.00 pbl 2004
The studies in this series, complied by T.B. Vincent, Professor Emeritus, Department of English, Royal Military College of Canada, present a detailed bibliography and printing history of the various editions and Impressions of the subject authors. The format combines enumerative and descriptive bibliography.
- NO. 4: CHARLES G.D. ROBERTS: A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE FICTION, VOLUME ONE (Titles A - F).
- First volume in the Roberts Bibliography.
ISBN 0-920832-17-2 212 p. Price: $50.00 pbl 2004
OTHER LITERARY RESEARCH TOOLS
- CANADIAN FORUM: OCTOBER 1929 C APRIL 1934. A Key to the Authorship of Anonymous Materials and to the Pseudonyms, Pen-Names and Initial Sets Used.
ISBN 0-920832-11-3 vii + 55 p. Price: $20.00 pbl 1993
- A DIRECTORY OF KNOWN PSEUDONYMS, INITIAL SETS, AND MAIDEN NAMES FOUND IN SELECTED ENGLISH-CANADIAN MAGAZINES, NEWSPAPERS AND BOOKS OF THE NINETEENTH CENTURY.
ISBN 0-920832-10-5 vi + 224 p. Price: $50.00 pbl 1993
- JONATHAN ODELL: AN ANNOTATED CHRONOLOGY OF THE POEMS, 1759-1818.
ISBN 0-920832-02-4 viii + 32 p. Price: $5.00 pbl 1980
- JOSEPH HOWE: AN ANNOTATED CHRONOLOGY OF THE POEMS, 1816-1872.
ISBN 0-920832-04-0 viii + 55p Price: $7.00 pbl 1980
EARLY POETRY REPRINTS
- EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY CANADIAN POETRY: AN ANTHOLOGY.
- A collection of 37 poems from the Maritime Provinces and Quebec, written before 1800, reflecting the range of subjects and verse forms found in shorter colonial poetry. With short contextual introduction.
ISBN 0-920832-05-9 xi + 55 p. Price: $8.00 pbl 1980
- ROGER VIETS. ANNAPOLIS ROYAL, A POEM, 1788.
- A photo-reproduction of the first separate imprint of verse published in Canada. A historically important Eighteenth-Century topographical poem from early Nova Scotia. Includes short introductory commentary.
ISBN 0-920832-01-6 vi + 7 p. Price: $4.00 pbl 1979
- SELECTED HYMNS AND SPIRITUAL SONGS OF HENRY ALLINE.
- A collection of 51 pieces written in the 1780's by Nova Scotia's first important lyric poet and hymnist, who was better known as an evangelical religious leader. Includes short introductory commentary.
ISBN 0-920832-06-7 xiii + 49 p. Price: $7.00 pbl 1982
- THE NEW BRUNSWICK POEMS OF JONATHAN ODELL.
- A collection of 16 poems by this noted Revolutionary satirist after his removal to Loyalist New Brunswick. The Introduction is by Professor and Poet Robert Gibbs, University of New Brunswick.
ISBN 0-920832-07-2 x + 25 p. Price: $4.00 pbl 1982
NOTE: MOST OF THESE PUBLICATIONS ARE PRODUCED IN VERY LIMITED RUNS AND ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED.
- THE LAY OF THE WILDERNESS.
- This story of Loyalist New Brunswick was published anonymously in 1833 and represents the first lengthy narrative poem to emerge from a province noted for its poets. Mistakenly attributed to Peter Fisher, its authorship remains unknown. Includes short introductory commentary.
ISBN 0-920832-09-1 xiv + 110 p. Price: $15.00 pbl 1982
ORDER BY E-MAIL (see CONTACT US Page) OR FROM:
LOYAL COLONIES PRESS
304 OLYMPUS AVENUE
KINGSTON, ONTARIO, CANADA